Thursday, September 1, 2011

If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away.... I'd drop in and chat for a while...


"If heaven wasn't so far away. I'd pack up the kids and go for the day..." ~ lyrics from "If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away" by Justin Moore

Wouldn't that be nice, if we could pop into heaven and visit those that have left us. I smile thinking about walking down heaven's streets with my other two boys, seeing Austin coming towards us. I can hear my youngest say, "Auuuustin!" and going up to him, giving him a huge hug. I can hear Austin chuckling, saying, "Hey Bud. How are you?" with that sweet smile spreading across his face. I can feel his long arms wrap around me, as I squeeze him tight, telling him, "Hey, how are you? Man, we miss you!"

My middle son would give a sideways hug to Austin, saying in his now deep voice, "Hey Austin." Austin would laugh when he heard how deep his brother's voice has gotten. Then I'd point out how his brother's nose is becoming more and more like Austin's and how his muscles may be as big as Austin's. Austin would laugh, saying, "Yeah, you're right," and rub his brother's head.

"Sit on a cloud and visit for a while. It'd do me good just to see them smile..." ~ lyrics from "If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away" by Justin Moore

I can see us sitting on a cloud, catching up, laughing at the different things going on, reminiscing of things Austin did before he left, and soaking in Austin's stories of what he's been doing since. I'm sure he'd have some good adventures to share. As we're chatting, I can envision others walking by waving and calling out, "Hey, Austin!" with Austin smiling and replying, "Hey, how are you?" He'd be so excited to tell us about all the different people he's met and how they know others that he knew.

"Then tell him we'd be back in a couple of days. In the rear view mirror we'd all watch 'em wave." ~ lyrics from "If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away" by Justin Moore

When it came time to say good-bye, it wouldn't be so hard, because we'd know we'd see him again soon. I'd give him a huge hug, tell him I love him and miss him, and that I'd be back in a few days. As we drove away, the boys and I would laugh at how good it was to see Austin and comment at how much we missed him.

"Yeah, and losing him wouldn't be so hard to take.... If heaven wasn't so far away." ~ lyrics from "If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away" by Justin Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment