Thursday, October 20, 2011

LLL: It's So Good to See You!

My ultimate favorite grocery store just came to the area and I'm ecstatic! I have talked this store up ever since I moved to a part of the country that had not yet been blessed by it's presence. But last week that changed... they opened, just 30 minutes from us, and now I know what really makes it so very special. They are glad to see me every time I enter their doors. And it's not just me, but everyone that stops by. Or, at least that's how they make you feel, as though they're happy you are there and that they want to help you.


As I was driving home today, from one of my many visits to this establishment, I started thinking of Austin (what else is new). I realized that he had something very much in common with this store. Austin always made whoever he met feel welcomed, that he was glad to see them.... and he genuinely was! This was a gift. A gift he shared so readily with those he met. It's not something that can be learned, because if you try to fake it people see right through you. But Austin didn't fake it.... he truly loved people, and because of this he touched so many lives.

Thank you Austin for showing us how to love....

"People may not remember exactly what you did or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment