Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Wheels Keep Turning

The wheels in my mind go round and round, round and round, round and round. The wheels in my mind go round and round, all through the town...


A funny thought came to me the other day, as I was driving around town. Every time I climb in the car, turn the engine on and start driving, the wheels on my car start turning - round and round, round and round. And when I'm by myself, the wheels in my mind immediately begin to go round and round, round and round, all at the same time.

The topic turning in my mind is always the same... Austin. It's as though I'm driving on "Austin Lane" Everything I see, every song I hear, every thought I have always detours my mind to Austin. "Remember when Austin did this... Remember when Austin did that... Austin would just love this!... I can just hear Austin now... I wonder what Austin would be doing right now... and on and on and on my thoughts travel."

When I arrive at my destination, park the car and turn off the ignition, my mind simultaneously turns off the 'Austin thoughts', bringing me back to the day's events.

It's always nice to take a detour from the day with Austin. After all, "Life is a Highway!" and sometimes you just need to travel the "Austin Lane".

No comments:

Post a Comment